Friday, June 18, 2010

VATS: A Gift From The Fallout Gods

I started playing Fallout 3 this morning. As usual, yes, I know I'm a bit late. My latest memory upgrade has allowed me to play more games since I can now meet the recommended system requirements. I don't really like playing games on the minimum system requirements.

Like most other games where humanity is an endangered species, and you are NOT a super soldier in a special armour suit, ammo and weapons and other items are scarce. This of course, makes things difficult.

I would also like to digress for a minute and say that Fire Ants in Fallout are gay. Moving on....

I was a bit impressed by the start of the game. I can't think of any game that started with a first person in-game birth scene apart from Star Wars Republic Commando, and even then, it was cloning tank, so its not exactly the same thing. You really get into the action pretty fast.

The music selection in the game is awesome. Somehow, 1950s show tunes fit a post-apocalyptic world perfectly. I mean, a man crooning in the background while you blow off the head of a savage raider using VATS (the game's built in targeting system) really adds to the atmosphere.

My SAT results are due in 6 days. My graduation is in 9 days.My birthday is in 28 days. See, things got epic when summer finally managed to come around. My Japanese has been improving steadily, although my speaking is still a bit rusty. Tae Kim's Godsend grammar guide is working some epic magic for me. I intend to try and finish James Heisig's Remembering the Kanji over the holiday; maybe when I finish Fallout 3 I'll start.

That being said, I wonder what the beach looks like? Does it still have sand?

The Boy That Wants To Go To The Beach,
Gavin.

No comments:

Post a Comment