Thursday, July 31, 2008

Certificate Problems with Firefox 3 and Google

This morning, I tried to access my Blogger account using Firefox. I got a message about invalid certificate. As you might know, Blogger is owned by Google. I went to Google and typed in the error.

I got a LOT of results. One said that I should download some tool(avoid these sorts of advice at all costs, many of them are spyware). Another pointed out the problem didn't only exist with Google's sub sites, but other sub sites, like some belonging to Microsoft. It was a security certificate problem.

None of the suggestions really helped, so I decided to forget about it and go back to sleep. I checked the time. May 13,2003, 8:00 AM according to my computer clock. That was wrong, so I decided to fix the time. On a hunch, I decided to try my luck at accessing Blogger again. Viola!! It worked.

Well, if anyone is having that problem, and you reached here by googling for it, welcome to Happy Desolation!!

Anyway, I don't really have anything special to say apart from that. I was just planning to update my blog posting, to show my latest attempt at art. Yup, that's right. More Questionable Content characters. I love the art style. Its not as good as last time though. Amir is barely recognizable, and Tai doesn't look right. Only Winslow came out properly. Oh well, practice makes perfect.



Speaking of webcomics, I can't believe I forgot to mention Applegeeks and Dr.McNinja in my last blog post. While I'm a big fan of Jeph Jacques art style, those 2 are the best drawn webcomics I've seen so far.

Going to get a haircut today. Going to the movies next week Tuesday. Going to have a poem for you guys by tomorrow. I think that's about all there is. Its going to be a pretty uneventful life for a while.

Oh yeah, CXC results come out on the 18th of August. Wish me luck.

Later,
Gavin

P.S. Yeah, I haven't made a programming post for a while. I'm just not in the mood. I think I'll be back on my feet soon though. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment