Monday, December 29, 2008

The New Year's Nerd

Well, I finally did it.....Sort of.

I've partially purged myself of Microsoft's sin. I've dual booted Ubuntu 8.10 on my computer. I still have XP (since most of the things I use are on Windows), but I have Linux. Gotta keep my options open, y'know?

Ubuntu is damn pretty. It proves that you don't need fancy hardware acceleration and transparent menu bars to have a good looking GUI. I love how Python is so tightly integrated with the Ubuntu shell. In fact, if it weren't for the games I have on Windows, I'd gladly switch to Ubuntu at any time. Now if only I had a credit card so I could donate.

I've grabbed most of the apps I think I'll need(namely Blender, The Ur Quan Masters, Anjuta IDE, plus some plugins). The only problem I've had so far is with the sound and getting a recent version of Flash Player, but its cool, I'll have them fixed WAAAY before the New Year.

Well, I most likely won't be updating tomorrow...so Happy New Year when it comes!!

Later,
Gavin

No comments:

Post a Comment