Tuesday, August 12, 2008

This Year's Darwin Award Goes To....The Khronos Group


Yann L Moderator Member since: 2/6/2002 From: Breizh
Quote:
Original post by speciesUnknown
Its nice to know why, but what concerns me is what do we do next? The only alternatives to windows PC's for gaming, without a more up to date OpenGL, is Cider on apple machines, or consoles. For indie game developers, this means XNA, therefore the Xbox. Either way, MS now get a further increased share of the video game market, to the point where the effect of free market competition is non existent.


But what can you do if the only real competitor kills itself with a stunt that would be the digital equivalent of a Darwin Award ?


I'll make the explanation of problem at hand short. OpenGL 3 has come out. Nobody likes it.

I guess that April Fools joke of mine now is an April Fools reality of mine. FUCK!!! This means I probably should have listened to Marc. In his mortal words, "Forget cross-platform, DirectX rocks." He was right I guess. Famous last words? If I get my way, yes.

First Bernie, then OpenGL. What will die next? Will Smith?

Well, I guess that DirectX reading up I was doing came in handy anyway. Now if only I could find a working .X file format exporter for Blender, I'd be a happy boy.

I really can't believe this. I was looking forward to objects.

Later,
Gavin.

No comments:

Post a Comment