Sunday, July 25, 2010

So Like, I Wuz Trolling Teh Telly-Veesion And..

The title sounds like the start of a bad joke. Thankfully, I don't think I'll have any bad jokes in this post. Well, at least not more bad jokes that I normally have per blog post.

ANYWAY, I was looking for something to watch on TV the other day and an ad caught my eye. It was for this product called the Body Action System, developed by MMA champion, Bas Rutten.

B.A.S. = Body Action System = Bas, Clever huh? Oh, what's that you say? Not really? Well then:



Now that we've gotten that out of the way, while searching for that picture, my lack of an attention span caused me to get distracted and look at some other pictures that came up in the Google Image search result. Here's another one:



Oh right, we were talking about something before, weren't we?

Anyway, yes, the Body Action System. It's like a training dummy that martial artists can use while training to practice throwing punches, kicks, headbutts, kamehamehas, spirit bombs etc. at.



The television ad claimed it was new and revolutionary. I beg to differ. Have you guys ever seen one of the following?



It's called a Wing Chun Dummy. Been around for like more than a century too, maybe two. It's used by practitioners of Wing Chun Gung Fu. For reference, wiki it or watch a movie called Yip Man. It's one of those Chinese gung fu movies. It's fairly recent too. Either way, here's a Youtube video promoting Bas' product, tell me what you think.



If you think anything like I do, you'd probably just make one of the wooden Wing Chun dummies and stick some pads on that sucker. Yes, make. Get some durable wood (no innuendo here guys, move along...*snicker* wood *snicker*) and try making it. It would be a LOT cheaper too, Bas' product is like $500 USD.

BUT, I'm not bashing it. It actually seems like a pretty good idea/product. If he could get the price tag down to like half of what it costs now, I definitely see a big market for it, not just for serious MMA fighters, but for people who want to get a bit of self defense practice in without having to punch their little brothers in the nose. *cough*

In the video, when Rutten called Slice, I almost had an "anal recalibration" moment. I was hoping that they were going to fight. You know, for ermm... promotional purposes. However, that didn't work out, so Kimbo got to take out all that pent up oppression that results from being a hairy, muscular, black guy out on that poor dummy. Ouch.

I like UFC and other MMA competitions. I don't really watch them often, but the matches I've watched, I like. Whether or not you believe the sport is rigged is unimportant, those guys have worked out and are buff, and it's damn entertaining to see them staggering around after a few good blows. Just saying.

お休みなさいよ!
Lord Robinson.

2 comments:

  1. DWL @ anal recalibration n Rutten is sorta a rip off muscle head... 2 me tht is >.>...

    ReplyDelete