Friday, March 21, 2008

Holidays!

Well, finally mock exams are over. I'm actually on my easter holiday break. Nothing to do now apart from cheap sex and Red Alert 2 lol. A lot of crap happened during the exam period, but the exams themselves were pretty easy.

I suppose that last blog post wasn't all that short after all. Since I have 11 days free, I'm gonna probably write a "LITTLE" tutorial on Skeletal Animation. This will be different from the rest so far as:

IT WILL USE openGL alone!!

Thats right, no Irrlicht, no Newton. I've gotta admit, its going to be a lot of work, especially since no 3d model file format supports everything I need. Some of you might be thinking about X and COLLADA files, but X files are hell to read and COLLADA is more of an interchange format. I've decided to write my own file format.

Then I realized that was a practical idea, especially for LunaLib. Instead of having to write small loaders for about 5 different model file formats, I write one large loader for a file format containing everything I need, like tangents and bones. The best part is, since I made it, I know everything I need to know about it.

Two other things before I go.

I have created a Devblog for Lunatek at http://lunatekdevblog.blogspot.com . It should keep you informed about things performing to LunaLib and our games. I won't be the only one posting. Sometimes Marc, Stephen and other staff members will post.

Next, take a peek at this image. It caught my eye on wikipedia so I just decided to show it here.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


That image compares the styles in which characters were drawn in older animes to how they were drawn in newer animes. Interesting.

Now, this next image is a challenge that I'm going to give Stephen. Stephen's a good artist, but he's lazy, so I don't know the FULL extent of his abilities. I'm going to see if he can draw the picture below, but in different clothes and a different pose. If he does, I'll be REALLY impressed.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

And to be honest, I don't know who the person in the image is.
*Grabs helmet and runs to bunker...*

Oh well.

See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment