Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Another Post

Well, I'm still fairly new to blogging, but I figured I should talk about C++(since I have nothing else to write).

*sigh*

C++
is a programming language. Nuff said.

Okay, I'll try and be more specific than that. C++ is an object oriented, general purpose programming language created by Dr. Bjarne Stroustrup in the early 1980s at Bell Labs. It supports features such as operator overloading, preprocessors, templates, encapsulation and inheritance.

So how does all of this mean remotely anything a man addicted to Pepsi?

Well, as an ardent follower of video games, I should point out that C++ is general purpose, for all the right reasons. C++ can be used to program everything, from operating systems to video games.(I really learnt it for the second reason).

Well, all that aside, Christmas is coming up really fast. I actually hope that this holiday drags along, as when I return to the loop in January, its gonna be nothing but work and sex. Ermm, well mostly work.

This Christmas, I plan to visit friends and family and brush up on my C++, and actually start a useful project. My idea was a COM control to replace Flash.

We all know Flash is good for 2d stuff, and 3d can be faked, but Shockwave is sorta slow and not used much. My idea was to create a COM control based off the Irrlicht Engine(http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net) and openAL. This allows graphics and audio to execute as a control inside a webpage. I was planning to use Python as a scripting language to control all this. I haven't come up with a name yet though, so for now I'll call it Cerberus. Imagine:


Oh well. Oh yeah, Lunatek is the name of my company. It currently has 3 employees. We mostly work on ...nothing. Oh well.

Pepsi calls, ADD is at my door.




No comments:

Post a Comment