Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year

The first set of games I ever played was a bunch of burnt DOS games on an old CD that my father got me for Christmas when I was 6 years old. It was a disk from Apogee. I got lots of games. I'm trying to construct this list from memory, so I'm not guaranteeing its 100% correct, but I believe the games were:

1) Duke Nukem 1 (second game I ever beat)
2) Duke Nukem 2 (first game I ever beat)
3) Duke Nukem 3D (a game I have yet to beat)
4) Realms of Chaos
5) Raptor : Call Of The Shadows
6) Rise of the Triad

There's one I can't remember. Oh well.

So, where does this come in? Well its, nothing but a bit of reminiscing, and thinking about how things were different back then. How I used to be so scared of the pigcops in Duke Nukem 3D that I was afraid to go past the second level in Episode One or play anything else. Also thinking about how Duke taught me how to be a good, gentlemanly citizen - "Aaah, much better...*flush*" :).

So anyway, next year is going to be packed. I have CXC exams, so this blog will have significantly less postings. Oh well, gotta live it up while it lasts, you know?

Speaking of Duke, all you Duke lovers might like this video. Start the new year laughing. It'll be a barrel of laughs *shotgun cocks* :).



THAT WAS HILARIOUS.

Anyway, I'm staying up until the new year comes around so I can make my super-secret-ultra-cool-pimpriffic new year's resolution. What is it?

I can't tell you, or else it wouldn't be a secret now, would it?

What sucks is that I only have 8 free days after the New Year starts, because I have to go back to school on the 9th of January. Oh well, welcome to The Suck.

Happy New Year Everyone!

P.S. If anyone can find the full version of any of the above games, I would really appreciate it if you could get it to me one way or the other. That would be so cool.
Remember you can add me at www.myspace.com/gavin468.

No comments:

Post a Comment