Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Crank Dis And Nilwinds....

Just in case you're wondering, the second part of the title of this post is not what it sounds like when a pirate tries to pronounce my name. Actually, its the name of a new project of mine. Those of you who know me are probably thinking, "Great, another incomplete project." Actually not this time.

Why?

Because the resources will be as easy to obtain. I was planning to do a traditional 2D style Final Fantasy-ish RPG. Therefore for the graphics, I can use RPGMaker graphic charsets, which can be created at this site. All I need to do is the following:

1)Create a Map Editor and a map file format
2)Link a scripting language(preferably GameMonkey, to keep it simple).
3)Create the main game executable.
4)Rinse, wash and repeat.

Some of you may be wondering what the story will be like, as an RPG is nothing without a story. I won't reveal any details here, but I will tell you its based off a short story I wrote a while back(that no one has ever seen, or ever will see, or that will see not the light of day).

Anyway, moving on to topics that normal people can understand. I found the video below on youtube. Did you know that they have a whole youtube group dedicated to Crank Dat videos? Nah, neither did I.



That was hilarious though.

I go back to school on like the 8th or so of January, so I'm gonna live it up while I have my freedom. That means I'm going to play as many video games as possible!! I'm gonna play until my frontal lobe shrinks to the size of a peanut!!!

By the way, remember to add me on myspace at www.myspace.com/gavin468.

Merry Christmas everyone! Don't drink too much eggnog or you might explode!

No comments:

Post a Comment